Empties #1





Today, I thought I'd finally do my first empties post! I love the idea of these as it means I can review a large amount of stuff in one quick and easy post! Also, apologies for the appearance of the Lush toner - the packaging always wears with me!

Lush Eau Roma Water - I am a massive fan of spray toners, they're refreshing, soothing and great to use before makeup or on top of makeup when you're face is getting a bit sweaty! And this one is no different. The smell is lovely and soothing and I mainly use in my morning and nighttime routine. I've found it has really calmed down my skin - especially after using some harsh exfoliators that I chucked a while ago after realising they were doing more damage than good. Surprisingly, this bottle lasted a really long time and even when I got towards the end the spray pump still applied the product evenly! Especially as this product is really inexpensive and would definitely say it's worth your money and is suitable for all skin types.

Verdict - repurchased and already using!

Lancรดme Gel Eclat - I got this free when I bought my Clarisonic Mia 2 {See review} and honestly I've never looked back! This gel cleanser works perfectly with my Clarisonic and leaves my skin literally smooth and squeaky clean. I prefer using this as a night time cleanse as my second cleanse to make sure my skin is fully clean and all make up has been removed. I would recommend this more so for oilier skin types than dry, purely because it's not super nourishing. I have super sensitive skin and it didn't even leave it irritated!

Verdict - repurchased and already using!

L'Oreal Paris EverPure Sulfate-Free Color Care System Smooth Shampoo and Conditioner - I bought these two waaay in America last year, and honestly wish I'd tried these sooner. These two are wonderful to use and are nourishing for even the driest of hair. The products are also sulfate-free and after all the controversy of circulating sulfates I was dying to try a product free of them, and I'm honestly surprised - I couldn't tell a single difference. The only main issue I found with these products are they're designed for coloured hair, it didn't help with my man-made blonde locks so I still had to buy other products to main the blonde. Sadly I cannot seem to find it in the UK, so I will have to wait till I go back to the USA to get my hands on these.

Verdict - will repurchase

Soap and Glory The Ultimelt - After hearing Caroline Hirons, the ultimate skincare guru, raving about this as a great, inexpensive morning cleanser I was desperate to get my hands on it. Especially, as due to having oily skin I used to restrict my morning routine to face washes that stripped my skin - which sometimes was not for the best. Overall, I liked how soft and silky the cleaner felt to use, and the fact for £10 it also came with a muslin cloth was great! Sadly, though it didn't cleanse my skin enough and actually irritated my eyes. Furthermore, after trying other hot cloth cleansers such as the Emma Hardie Moringa Balm {review} and the cheaper Body Shop Balm {review} they didn't love up to expectations.

Verdict - will not repurchase

Nude Purify Cleansing Wash - This cleanser sounded great on paper, listing all these qualities, balancing the skin without drying it, smoothing and soothing the skin, but sadly didn't live up to them. This is my first ever product by Nude that I've ever tried and I honestly expected more. It generally was quite a soft, simple, nice cleanser that didn't irritate my skin and had quite a weird creamy/gel-like consistency but for the price it wasn't worth it. I found the best use for it was as a morning cleanse, but even then the product leaves a residue behind that is not what oily skin gals want.

Verdict - will not repurchase


Thanks for reading,

No comments:

Post a Comment