Get To Know Me

I found this on Zoella's blog and thought I'd give it a go!


  • What’s your favourite eye shadow colour to wear? Browns or Golds. At the minute I'm absolutely in love with 'Half Baked' from the Urban Decay Naked Palette. This is a shimmery gold/dark champagne colour and can pretty much compliment any eye colour or shape!
  • What’s the one product you wouldn't leave your house without? Probably a lip gloss or lip balm, as my lips get chapped really easily. At the minute I'm loving the 'Born Lippy - Pot Lip Balm in 'Strawberry' by the Body Shop. It's not extremely pigmented but it smells absolutely delicious! It doesn't do much for the lips itself but it keeps them looking glossy. Even more so, the smell is to die for! It costs just £2 as well so definitely not a splurge! I will be uploading photos of the swatches but here's one of what the lip balm looks like online :
  • Born Lippy™ Pot Lip Balm - Strawberry 
  • What’s your favourite makeup look ? Definitely either smokey eye or sun kissed, I love golds and warm colours so much!
  • Which feature do you play up the most? Definitely my eyes!
  • Which feature do you try to downplay/cover up? Nothing majorly, if anything I sometimes downplay my lips but that's only to balance out when I'm wearing heavy eye make up. Um... possibly my nose? I get quite a few breakouts on there from time to time so if anything that's the main thing I cover up.
  • Your favourite makeup brand, if you could pick only ONE to exist? Rimmel. They are rocking it right now, affordable yet amazing products!
  • Which product have you re-purchased OVER and OVER again? Maybelline Colossal Mascara - it's amazing, it makes my lashes look fuller and longer! The wand is literally as the name suggests 'colossal' and is brill for re-layering mascara and taking your eye-look from daytime to nighttime.
  •  
    Also, Revlon ColorStay Foundation for Combination Oily Skin in 'Sand Beige' it's so good! But, at the minute that shade is a bit too dark for me as I bought it when I was tanned - damn you England for your lack of sun!

     As you can see mine is extremely used but you get the idea of what it looks like.



  • Which product would you NEVER repurchase again and why? A masacara I bought by Avon called 'SuperExtend Extreme Mascara' it does somewhat give "extreme length" but my lashes are pretty long anyway so it's hard to judge. 


  • But, literally the mascara doesn't hold very well and when I applied it I just didn't think wow. It would possibly be a decent mascara for your first layer, but as I normally just apply one layer of mascara by the end of the day my lashes seem to have given up and just look like they did before application. So, if you love length then yes I would recommend this mascara but for me it just didn't suit my needs nor last long enough for me to conisder it a decent product.

    Avon 'SuperExtend Extreme Mascara' (L) v. Maybelline Colossal Mascara (R)
    As you can see the wands are completely different, Avon's is long and thing whereas the Colossal is quite short and stumpy, it's also slanted which helps grab those extra lashes. I know that both mascara's have different purposes but it just goes to show that lengthening and thickening mascaras are different.


  • One beauty treatment you would always PAY to have done? Nails
  • One beauty treatment you would NEVER pay to have done? I don't know what it's called but where you sit in a suit and sweat and you're meant to lose weight and I just, I can't sit still and I hate mass amounts of heat so it's a no go for me.
  • One beauty trick you can share with everyone? When applying mascara, lift your elbow up so it's either pointing in a straight line or diagonally upwards. For me, it makes my mascara so much easier to apply and works more effectively (That may just be me! Hahahha let me know ;) ) - Also, if you've got oily skin, don't deprive you're skin of moisturiser because you feel it's going to make it more oily - it doesn't!
  • Best advice you've ever been given regarding beauty and makeup? If buying a foundation and you're not too sure which shade to buy, always pick the lighter one. Later on you can always build on it, you don't want to end up looking like a wotsit!


  • My next upcoming post will be my first ever review! So I hope you guys come back and check it out, it will include a low-down of the product, swatches, what other people are saying about it and so much more!

    Victoria Louise x

    No comments:

    Post a Comment